LOVE YOURSELF - LOVE YOUR NATURAL HAIR - LOVE YOUR STYLE

Monday, August 16, 2010

Today's Scripture

Know Your Limitations!

"If the whole body were an eye, where would the sense of hearing be? If the whole body were an ear, where would the sense of smell be? But in fact God has arranged the parts in the body, every one of them, just as he wanted them to be"
(1 Corinthians 12: 17-18, NIV).

In the New Testament, John was baptizing a crowd of people and drawing a lot of attention. Somebody came up and said, "John, are you the Christ or should we keep looking?" Without missing a beat John said, "No, I am not the Messiah."

See, John knew what he was, but he also knew what he was not. It's just as important to know what you're not because if you don't realize your limitations, you'll get drawn into areas that may look impressive and may feed your ego, but they are outside of your gifting and calling; outside of what God anointed you to do. Anytime you go outside of your limitations, it will be a constant struggle. Don't let that be you! Instead, stay focused on what you're good at. Follow peace in your heart and know your limitations because God has created you just the way He wants you to be!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Heavenly Father, thank You for loving me. Thank You for choosing me. I ask that You help me to know my limitations. Help me to know my place in the body of Christ so that I can bring glory and honor to You. In Jesus Name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment